[Year 12 IT Apps] OT - Ultranet functionality

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 01:24:43 EST 2009

Yes, all that money sailing off to an overseas vendor. I guess the world
needs some stimulating to get the economy moving and we are doing our part.
Given that only 20% of our families speak English at home, I will be
fascinated to know if Ultranet will be support most of the 40 languages (and
regional variations) that are used at our school.

Interesting that they abandoned the timetable system but retained a
reporting system. A more sensible approach would have been to pare things
back and encourage cottage industry applications to plug-in, agree on an XML
transport layer and just build a secure framework for private information.
Create a smaller Ultranet that could plug into Moodle / Studywiz / or other
learning management systems .. in a sense, do what CASES lacks. Make it
flexible, web based with an open API.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au