[Year 12 IT Apps] Security for SACS

Matt Trathen Matt.Trathen at stleonards.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 6 16:13:13 EST 2009

Hi Claire,

I use a set of network accounts ITA01, ITA02 etc that the students use during the SAC. I can then disable them outside of lesson times. I can also restrict their access to other network drives/internet on these accounts. This is on a Novell network.

Matt

Mr Matt Trathen
Maths and ICT Teacher

St Leonard's College
Brighton Campus
163 South Road Brighton East  VIC  3187
t (+61 3) 99099316
f (+61 3) 95923439

www.stleonards.vic.edu.au

>>> "Claire McGroarty" <mcgc at crcsydenham.net> 06/03/2009 14:38 >>>

Hey all,

Just wondering of the procedures used when saving files during SACS – would really like to organize a special area where students can only access the documents during SACS time but not sure the best way to go about it.  At the moment files are saved in the student network which means they can be accessed out with the SAC times.  Is anyone out there already doing something similar and if so can I have some suggestions please!

Claire
CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify St Leonard's College immediately. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of St Leonard's College.