[Year 12 IT Apps] U3-O1

DANIELA LUPONE luponed at columba.vic.edu.au
Mon Mar 2 13:05:59 EST 2009

Students  need to analyse the needs for the organisation in the case study and hopefully will then build these into the database. For example in the Home Health Case study provided by VITTA an organisational need is to provide an effective way to calculate the commission for employee because at the moment it is done by hand and this is time consuming and errors are made. The way you can do this in a database is obvious. Sometimes the needs may  not be so obvious but need to look for the links with the database. Paula has used the DOA thinking model. Get them to identify the decisions link these to the options and then to the specific actions. We do not need to do this visually until unit 4 but I try to get them thinking this way before then.

That's how I see it anyway.
Regards Daniela

Daniela Lupone
eLearning Facilitator