[Year 12 IT Apps] Data tables?

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Mon Mar 2 12:57:07 EST 2009

When I was at Uni doing software design, a data table was a table which
described the data types that are in a database, etc.

For example:

Item

Data type

Length

Comments

ID Code

Number

4

Name

Text

Unlimited

Post code

Number

4

Must start with a '3' if in Victoria

Phone number

Text

8

Must start with a '9'

Suburb

Text

Unlimited

Gender

Text

1

'M' for male or 'F' for female

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO

Australian Institute of Education and Training

P.O. Box 171

Brunswick West 3055

Ph: (03) 9387 2051

FAX: (03) 9387 3470