[Year 12 IT Apps] IT Glossary, part 2

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Aug 19 16:11:50 EST 2009

Hi Mark (and others)... I am slowly working my way through the massive
number of emails in my inbox that all have sent today about the study
design, so apologies if this has already been brought up!

Given the problems that the glossary has - do we really need a glossary?  We
have had this discussion on the panel on more than a few occasions - and as
many of you know - there are hardly any studies that have a glossary at all.
VCAA wanted us to eliminate it altogether.

In that sense - I totally agree.  We are all professionals and there should
be no reason why the study design needs to spell out the definitions of key
terms right?  However, we also all know that the breadth of our study is
extensive and that the goal posts keep shifting.  The glossary serves then
to ensure that we are all on the same page - especially in regards to our
understanding leading into the exam (and in preparing SACs).  The glossary
has been cut back - but contains only those terms that need to be defined
for this purpose.  It may be that others can suggest changes to these terms
or perhaps some should come out in favor of others?

Cheers,
Adrian Janson
VITTA President