[Year 12 IT Apps] REVIEW OF VCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, SUMMARY OF PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE STUDY DESIGN

Brendyn Hancock BHancock at nagle.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 19 11:18:46 EST 2009

All

Great conversation.

My question is why do we have to keep tarting up our subject so that its
attractive. Is subject content "student driven" ? should it not be
market (real world) driven?

I know the reality! We do not offer U3-4 this year. Its boring. Its to
hard. Plus their thousand other reasons.

Id love to see the maths and English guys have this discussion. How many
kids would do English or maths if they did not have to. It seems to me
that sometimes we have dumb down our course, in order to attract
enrolments, to a point now where no real post secondary study requires
it as a pre-rec so no students thinks its important to have. They say "
I can still do IT at uni even if I do not do IT in high school..."

I'm getting tired of this "your subject is only valid if you can match
it up against VELS or you can sex it up so kids will choose it."

My 2.3 cents worth

Brendyn

Nagle College