[Year 12 IT Apps] REVIEW OF VCE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, SUMMARYOF PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE STUDY DESIGN

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 19 09:52:46 EST 2009

I am reminded of when I started teaching some 13-14ish years ago...there were 3 IT subjects...one got dumped due to perceived lack of enrolments or interest or some other (whatever) reason. To me, it seems like soon, the ITA subject is destined to die at the hand of new curriculum. Fine for those making up curriculum, its not THEIR job they are killing.
Looks to me like my Cert IV qual may just be a way of generating income in time to come with the the Cert III in I.T. courses or similar, plus my maths background...clearly my I.T. skills are being deflated and devalued by new curriculum design. PLUS, as others have said..what kid will choose a subject thats all database stuff! (i too like the DB stuff but the kids wont like it as they have used it in the workforce yet, as many of us have.)
Kent.

Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."