[Year 12 IT Apps] Question about practice exam from Potts text

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 17 12:58:07 EST 2008

IMO it's not the fault of the areas of IT.  The VCE is full of areas
that are vague and ill-defined, just like the real world.

The problem comes from the way the question was worded.  A well-crafted
question can clearly and unambiguously interrogate a student's
understanding of any issue.

The question could have been better cast as:

9.  A doctor used a computer system that asked several questions about a
patient's symptoms. The system then suggested what the patient's illness
  was.  Such a computer system was

a. A Transaction Processing System
b. A Management Information System
c. A Decision Support System