[Year 12 IT Apps] IARTV ITA exam

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 9 13:25:24 EST 2008

Tricky one.  Key Knowledge 3.1.04 and 4.1.04 refer to "a problem-solving
methodology involving analysis, design, development, testing,
documentation, implementation and evaluation".

And the glossary in the study design defines implementation as:

"(1) The fourth stage of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) that
includes activities relating to the introduction of a new or modified
system, such as acquiring user acceptance, developing and running a
training strategy, developing documentation and changing over an
existing system to a new system."

And "changing over" could be said to include the methods we all know and
love.

So in brief, no, the SD does not any any form of changeover except in
relation to the SDLC, which were are enjoined to remember is NOT part of
ITA 'cos we've got the wonderful Problem Solving Methodology.

And the 2007 ITA exam did not seem to refer to changeover methodologies.

I cover 'em anyway, just to be safe :-)

Maggie Iaquinto wrote:
> How about question 4 -- parallel conversion. To my knowledge, this is no
> longer in the Study Design although it remains there for SD. Is that
> correct?
>
> Maggie

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

A conclusion is the place where you got sick of thinking.