[Year 12 IT Apps] Help - kid friendly "my space"

ken price kenjprice at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:51:07 EST 2008

Hi John,
It's probably not the one you saw, but Stephen Downes today mentioned Edmodo
which sounds close and is specifically aimed at teachers and students. I've
not had time to check it out but here is the info. Hopefully this is not
OT - if nothing else it has some social/ethical potential.

Ken www.tasite.tas.edu.au

<QUOTE>

Ines Pinto writes

*http://www.twine.com/item/11fkgk3tw-2n4/edmodo#alerted*<http://www.twine.com/item/11fkgk3tw-2n4/edmodo>,

Edmodo is a "microblogging platform just launched,  especially designed for
teachers and students, dailly life  school management, creation of students
or teachers groups  in the same school or between teachers or students from
different schools in different countries." It makes you log on before you
get a glimpse (bleah). And I don't like the choice between 'guys' and
'ladies'. The tool itself is a bit like a structured instant messaging tool.
Interesting, possibly worthwhile. Nicely coded.

Comment: *http://www.downes.ca/cgi-bin/page.cgi?post=45907*<http://www.downes.ca/cgi-bin/page.cgi?post=45907>

Direct Link: *http://www.edmodo.com/* <http://www.edmodo.com/>
</QUOTE>