[Year 12 IT Apps] Swinburne Education Programs Update

Robert Mercer rmercer at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon Sep 1 17:03:46 EST 2008

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully this year has been a good one for you so far. Below is a list
of some of the programs we have planned for the remainder of the year
that you might be interested in.

1. Extra VCE Education Program Dates
We are having one extra day for VCE Software Development, IT
Applications and Business Management during the first week of Term 3
School holidays (week commencing 22 September).
Details about each day are available from:
www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/#visit

2.VCE Student and Parent Information Evening
Swinburne's Faculty of ICT is hosting an event with our Industry
Advisory Committee to assist current VCE students with course selections
and career decisions. Students and parents will hear from senior ICT
professionals and Swinburne teaching staff discuss course options and
careers in ICT. This is a good night to recommend to parents or any
related party seeking information about courses and careers in the ICT
industry.
Details are available from:
http://www.swin.edu.au/ict/vce

3.Strategies to increase students into ICT Programs
We still have places remaining for our lunchtime guest speaker Carla
Romero who is the Director of Programs at the Computing Research
Association who is coming in on 3 September to present.
Details are available from:
www.swin.edu.au/ict/ICT_guest_speaker.pdf

4.Careers and Courses in ICT
If you and your class would like a presentation on careers and courses
I am available to visit. Talks range from 15-50 minutes for a single
period or even at the end or beginning of a class if you think you have
students who would benefit let me know.

5. Swingame08 Winners
Also I would like to congratulate the following teams for taking out
first, second and third place in our Swingame08 Competition:
1st Place - $3000
Adrian Tsai from Melbourne High School for his game “Next War”
2nd Place - $2000
Jake Edwards from St Helena Secondary College for his game “Knock
Out!”
3rd Place - $1000
Timothy Coombs, Will Rayner and Nick Cannizzo from Wesley College, Glen
Waverley for their game “Planet Wars”
Find out more about Swingame from:
www.swingame.com

Regards,

Rob Mercer
ICT Outreach - Project Officer
Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia

PH:  +61 3 9214 8768
FAX :+61 3 9819 0823
rmercer at swin.edu.au

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for
the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is
privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is
strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail
and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be
corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any
attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have
received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214
8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept
liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay,
interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.