[Year 12 IT Apps] Network Topologies

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 10:25:34 EST 2008

Topologies are not mentioned in the ITA study design, so strictly
speaking they are not directly examinable.

The closest the design gets is:

# KK3.2.02 - an overview of types and characteristics of networks, and
functions of network operating systems;

# KK3.2.04 - suitability of types of transmission media to support local
and remote communication, including cabling and wireless links;

So P2P/Client-Server, LAN, WAN would be fair game (depending on how you
interpret "types of networks".

And CAT, Fibre Optic, 802.11, maybe microwave, broadband wireless and
phone internet could be on the exam.  (Let's ignore coax cable - it's
now nearly totally redundant)

No topologies, as I read it, and I've left them out of exams I've
written for ITA.

Melissa Davey wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Does anyone know whether network topologies are definitely not
> examinable for IT Apps 3/4?
>
> My students are concerned based on the number of prac exam questions on
> the topic (from a range of different suppliers)!
>

> Thanks,
>

> **Melissa Davey**
>
> **ICT Co-ordinator**
>
> //Fintona//// Girls School//
>
> //Ph 9830 1388//

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 9578 9253
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Most people don't realise that small kitchen sponges, when nailed to the
forehead, can really REALLY hurt.