[Year 12 IT Apps] RE: Google docs issue

Ross Algie ralgie at mcmedia.com.au
Sat Dec 6 11:19:35 EST 2008

Ouch!

Ross Algie

Mooroopna Secondary College

From: itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au [mailto:itapps-bounces at edulists.com.au]
On Behalf Of Ros Meadows
Sent: Saturday, 6 December 2008 9:19 AM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Year 12 IT Apps] RE: Google docs issue

Once again a case of the tail (ie the techs) wagging the dog (ie the
curriculum)!!

There is NO sound reason why you can't have firefox and google images,
sometimes I wonder if it is just plain laziness, lack of ability or just a
hunger for power on the part of techs.

Cheers
Ros
BentleighSC

murch at tpg.com.au wrote:

We have some issues with google docs as well. Google images are blocked at
our school so this presents problems with the appearance of google
docs. I also want firefox on our computer network but was told we cant have
it. We are supposed to be a leading 21st century school!!! I love using
google docs and use them extensively both with staff and schools in other
countries etc. Means it is difficult to use them with my students. It is
most
annoying.
Anne Mirtschin
Hawkesdale P12 College
http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers
Association Inc

--
Roslyn Meadows
TONS
 <mailto:ros.meadows at gmail.com> ros.meadows at gmail.com
Bentleigh Secondary College
Vivien Street, East Bentleigh, 3165
Phone 9579 1044
Mobile 0412 614 062

- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au  <http://www.vitta.org.au> - VITTA Victorian