[Year 12 IT Apps] italc - very interesting - and FREE! (May also be relevant to ITA U3O2?)

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 25 10:19:47 EST 2008

My technician found this one... friendlier than using VNC

http://italc.sourceforge.net/screenshots.php?img=italc-1.0.6_1.jpg&label=1

"iTALC is a didactic software program, which was developed especially
for computerwork
at schools. Nevertheless it can be used in other learning environments.
iTALC provides the opportunity to monitor and influence trainee
activities and
consequently supports the work with modern technique in the classroom.
For example you are able to see the content of the trainee’s screens on
your own
screen. If one of the trainees needs assistance, you can access the
trainee’s desktop
and engage supportively. The trainee sees all of your actions and is so
able to learn
new procedures.
If you have to make a new circumstance understandable for the trainee,
you can
change to the demo-mode. The trainee has also the possibility to demonstrate
something. For this action it is necessary to click on his desktop
screen to bypass his
screen to the screens of other trainees.
iTALC has other functions, too. Like locking the trainee screens, so
that they are not
able to work any further and are constrained to give you attention."

kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

I worship the ground you walk on, because I like grounds.  You, I'm not
so keen on.