[Year 12 IT Apps] Open Office

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 15:46:03 EST 2008

Yep .. Open Office is really the only thing that works for our Cambodian
secondary students to type in Khmer (due thanks to the programmers behind
the KhmerOS software initiative and their government and little thanks for
the rest of the world for ignoring their plight). We also use it on our
admin computers, mini-notebooks, macbooks and the sunray terminals scheduled
for deployment during term 4. Where it is deployed inside Windows, we
coinstall it with MS Office.

The second beta 3.0 version is now stable enough to use in the classroom and
practically a release candidate. Firefox users will be interested to check
out the cool gallery of addons that can be bolted on. Enjoy :-)
     http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au