[Year 12 IT Apps] Swinburne Lunchtime Guest Speaker: Strategies to increase students into ICT Programs (apologies for cross posts)

Robert Mercer rmercer at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 11:14:47 EST 2008

Hello,

I am organising a lunchtime presentation for Wednesday 3 September
(12:30-2:30pm) at Swinburne Hawthorn. The presenters name is Carla
Romero she is the Director of the CRA, a leading USA organisation who's
mission is to strengthen research and advanced education in the
computing fields, expand opportunities for women and minorities, and
improve public and policymaker understanding of the importance of
computing and computing research in our society.

She will be talking about "Strategies to increase students into ICT
programs". Carla’s presentation will be followed by an informal
discussion session. A complementary lunch will also be provided.

More details are attached, if you are interested please contact me and
I will reserve a place for you.

Regards,

Rob Mercer
ICT Outreach - Project Officer
Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia

PH:  +61 3 9214 8768
FAX :+61 3 9819 0823
rmercer at swin.edu.au

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for
the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is
privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is
strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail
and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be
corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any
attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have
received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214
8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept
liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay,
interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.