[Year 12 IT Apps] Google maps - street view

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 7 14:14:25 EST 2008

I noticed many of the Google street shots featured recycling bins, and
was wondering if they had strapped the cameras to rubbish trucks.

To me, it seemed like a good idea to use tall vehicles that covered
every street of every suburb and stopped at each house...

Then I found the Google car, the Google camera at
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/05/31/google-maps-zoom-her.html

I preferred my idea, actually  :-)

kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

I worship the ground you walk on, because I like grounds.  You, I'm not
so keen on.