[Year 12 IT Apps] Unit 4 Outcome 1 Task 3

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 30 14:17:54 EST 2007

Just to drag this thread up again,  I'm still deciding which software
to use.

Some people posted some mind mapping software links (cmap, freemind,
etc), but I don't think a mind map is appropriate because it doesn't
use directional links and generally has a tree structure.  Any
"record" must surely have directional links, since the word record
relates to temporal ordering. And any problem solving process process
must have a single beginning and a single end, not a root or centre
and a large number of leaf tips like a mind map.

Would others agree that a mind map doesn't cut it? If so, what does,
and what software is available to do this type of diagram?

I'm thinking of just getting them to do it in powerpoint.  What I'd
suggest to them would more or less be a precedence diagram, to borrow
from the project planning part of the course.

Or I dunno, maybe just a finger painting or play-doh sculpture.

Russell

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.