[Year 12 IT Apps] Access Help Please!!!

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 27 13:36:48 EST 2007

Hi Keith,

 Why not just incorporate all the criteria in each query from which reports could be generated ?
Eg. Dob is a field. For junior dob is the field and the criterion is > #1/01/1985# to pick up all those born in 1982 or later ( Juniors ).
To pick up Intermediate >#1/01/1982# And <#1/01/1985#  to give between 1982 and 1984 inclusive ie. 13 to 15 year olds.

Within the same query, look for other criteria, eg. Male, wears glasses etc.
I have attached a screen grab that may assist.

Alternativel, you can load a query into the query design view to allow to do a query of a query . Eg. Let Query1 pick up every junior . Then create query2 based on query1 to narrow down the filtering.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> keithcr at fastmail.fm 02/27/07 11:12am >>>
Hi all you Access Experts.
Three of us have a problem - how do we get Access to tell us which age
group an individual belongs to (Junior 10-12, Intermediate 13-14, Senior
14-18) starting with date of birth (an entered field in the members
table). We worked out how to create a query that would get current age
based on date-now and dob, then selection based on a particular age
range for criteria, but that simply gives me a list of member names who
fall into
that age group at any time. What I want to do is flow that information
into something that will flow into a report, without having to manually
look through the lists of names of members in a particular age group.
Hope that isn't too complicated!
Regards, Keith (for Keith, Henry & Diane)
Keith Richardson