[Year 12 IT Apps] suitable freebie PM software for ITA outcome 1

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Sun Feb 25 17:26:05 EST 2007

Hi all,
As my school has no PM programs on its system, I will be resorting to using Excel and hoping that my class can understand my ramblings when I talk about resources, timelines etc for our outcome to attempt shortly.
Being previously personally spoilt with MS Project at previous schools, I wondered how many others are in this same boat and have found suitable freebie programs on the net that don't explode with copyright law.
I have a great bunch of kids who are keen and willing to listen and would love to have them use a simple piece of PM software rather than Excel(they're sick of the microsoft stuff). They have picked up Access tables, queries etc superquick(this means I can focus more on the theory for them)
They have the basics about the theory at this stage but a program that could plot critical pathways and show resources used etc would be ab fab!
Any suggestions folks...

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. to years 8-12
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham

"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."