[Year 12 IT Apps] For Samantha & others - warning 82k attachment

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Thu Feb 15 23:50:08 EST 2007

Hi Samantha,
I'm using the attached four exercises based on an article I found in The
Age a while ago. I've inserted an introductory paragraph on ex1 to
replace the article which I only have in hardcopy form. The context is
sufficiently ghoulish to engage the students. They initially set up a
flat file database and create some reports (I haven't written them all
but you can add what you like). Ex 2 introduces the Code Builder and
some VB programming for the calculations because my kids did VB6 last
year. But you could use the expression builder. In ex3 they use MS
Project to plan an upgrade to the system. ex3 is based on a contribution
to this list about Poole, Stewart and Miller but it didn't come with an
author's name so thanks to whoever supplied it. If you could notify me,
I will give credit in a footer to the exercise before I use it again.
Ex4 is the relational DBMS exercise. There's more to come but that where
I started.
Please note I wrote these ex for my own students and not a public
audience so there will be gaps in the text.

Cheers,
Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs College