[Year 12 IT Apps] IT APPS timeline & Unit 1-2 timeline

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 14 10:44:16 EST 2007

Hi all,
Has anyone got a timeline for ITA they would be willing to share as my students have had an interrupted start and I am a little unsure about when to do the outcomes with them. I am considering roughly about week 7-8 for OC1 term 1 and similar for OC2 in term 2. We are using the Nelson book and I have similar thoughts to other listers about the material missing from the site that we were expecting to be on there at the commencement of the year(missing links,sample exams etc.)
Anyone willing to share a Unit 1-2 timeline similarly would be welcomed.
We dont have a programming stream here(yet!) but can access gamemaker6 and VB(not the beer).
Am considering streaming some kids towards the programming to engage them in an area of their interest.

Have just come back to IT teaching after 3 years in my other disguise as a Maths teacher(not Yr12) so I'm a bit rusty.

Also tried the VITTA site but dont have a current membership and thus cant download some of the terrific stuff available there presently. Will check with the boss about school membership.

Any thoughts welcome folks...

Kent Beveridge (IT years 8-12)
St.Brigids Catholic SC, Horsham

"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."