[Year 12 IT Apps] Blogging

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Tue Feb 13 23:28:56 EST 2007

Hi Michael,
We use Moodle and all the students love to participate to see their
words of wisdom on screen, even those who can't spell! It's been a great
means of engaging all students. I quickly remove any silly forum posts
(this can be done immediately) and remind them about ethical behaviour
and responsible use of IT, etc. I haven't had a repetition of poor
behaviour yet.

We've also just set up blogs for kids on our Moodle and I'm about to try
that out too with my yr11 Media class but the forum is better for
getting all opinions about an issue or students to report on their
individual or group progress with a topic and enabling the whole class
to view them.

Cheers and good luck,
Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs College