[Year 12 IT Apps] Potts Ch 3 and Study Design

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Tue Feb 13 00:11:32 EST 2007

I mix it up but mostly fit the theory in with the practice eg my recent
classes
Databases - purposes, structure, design tools
- given a design, create a flat file database (this is intro task. Will
move on to relational next week)
-  discuss fields: field names (conventions), field sizes (limit storage
space), data types (standard & MS Access)
- create a report: sorted by, selected fields
- report conventions re format and layout
This approach suits my students who panic if given lots of notes in one go.
Cheers,
Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs College