[Year 12 IT Apps] Can anyone clarify

David Dawson dgdawson at mgs.vic.edu.au
Thu Feb 8 10:33:35 EST 2007

As part of this ongoing discussion I would like to point out that the
VCAA support CD for Implementing VCE IT has numerous factual and other
errors including:
- one website with incorrect title
- authors incorrectly represented on resources with initials and name
omissions (several instances)
- incorrect publisher on at least one book
- several books by major local publishers omitted
- poor punctuation throughout the resources, with at least 8 "formatting
and convention" errors
- year consistently recorded after the author instead of at the end of
the reference
My understanding is that resources should be listed as such:

Fee, Elizabeth, and Daniel M. Fox, eds. AIDS: The Burdens of History.
Berkeley: University of California Press, 1988.

This does not occur anywhere under resources. If students were to make
such errors on VCE essays they would be penalised. Please bring this to
your student's attention.

The CD also does not list any of the VITTA programming CDs as resources,
so I assume that they feel these are not worthwhile - but I guess this
is a decision that was made, not an oversight.

People in glass houses ...... should proof-read and check resources on a
resources CD.

David Dawson