[Year 12 IT Apps] Study Scores

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Tue Dec 18 16:26:28 EST 2007

So while the rest of us huddle in the shadows, let us really congratulate
those whose students got top results.

Is it the teacher? - NO!
Is it the students? - NO!

It has to be a combination of both, in conjunction with all those other
things like school ethos.

Twice only in about 40 years teaching I have had a class with TWO excellent
students who struck sparks off each other and pulled themselves and the rest
of the class way upwards. Doesn't sound good - but what are the chances of
getting two, or more, really excellent students in one class at an ordinary
secondary school?

If not at least two, then the excellent student generally muddles along,
wastes time in class, does ok, perhaps becomes the class clown - but then
when the crunch hits in years 11 and 12  cannot change habits and still
continues as class clown and does not do him/herself justice.

It needs at least two to tango!

Robert Hind (Semi-retired)
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood