[Year 12 IT Apps] [OT] E-Waste

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 01:17:08 EST 2007

Yep.. much better than tossing them into landfill.  Not everything inside a
computer can safely be returned to the earth. Dumping them into the rubbish,
leaving them for hard waste collection or giving them away to be dumped is
abrogating our responsibility to provide a pathway to safely dispose of this
equipment. Here is the VITTA position statement on this issue.
     http://drupal.vitta.org.au/ewaste

Our college has a policy of taking back and arranging for the safe disposal
of any computer hardware that we have rebuilt and given away. It may cost
money but it is part of our social contact to do the right thing.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au