[Year 12 IT Apps] Final outcome

Paul Miller pmiller at olsh.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 27 14:32:54 EST 2007

Hi All...

While putting together some of my notes for Unit 4 - Outcome 2 I thought
I'd see if I could dig up a program that does facial recognition. I
found one on download.com:

http://www.download.com/FaceMetrix/3000-2653_4-10507991.html?tag=lst-0-3

Had a play, pretty good. May be a good example to show the kids, the
file encryption utility is interesting.

I've always liked this last outcome, very enjoyable to teach...

Paul.

____________________________________
Paul Miller
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College (OLSH)
111 Jasper Road
BENTLEIGH 3204
Ph: (03) 9563 9522  Fax: (03) 9563 9484

pmiller at olsh.vic.edu.au
http://www.olsh.vic.edu.au/Sports%20Website/index.htm
>>> Mark Kelly <kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au> 08/27/07 10:46 AM >>>
I fear the internet glue you used has failed... the attachment fell off.

Roy Smalley wrote:
> Hi Jock
> "I was digging in my old IPM folders and found the attached. ( thanks
> original author). "
>
> Thanks for the reminder, I forgot I wrote it! Once again the list has
> saved me a couple of hours of work.
>
> It's amazing the link to the referenced article still works!!!
>

> Roy Smalley
> Access Department
> Chisholm Institute of TAFE
> PO Box 684
> Dandenong  VIC  3175
>
> Work:  9238 8496

> 9:58:40 >>>
> Hi Jenna,
> Here is my rough plan which is still evolving.
> I was digging in my old IPM folders and found the attached. ( thanks
> original author). Will use at some stage.
> I am going to start off by showing the video at
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4vDClhnJjs
> which was posted on this list a few days ago. ( Apologies to whoever
> posted
> it, I have forgotten your name but thanks)
> No, we don¹t have access to ³youtube² at school, but you can download
> the
> video using the unplug addin for firefox.
> Students will then be asked to create a mindmap of what it means to
> them if
> the 1. WWW crashed and 2. The school¹s network crashed
> After studying all about DRPs and the relevant material from the text,
> I am
> going to get them to develop a survey on DRPs and one of our school
> techies
> has agreed to come in to class and answer their questions. They will
> then
> use the survey to talk to someone in  the organisation of their choice
> that
> they studied  for holiday homework before the year started.
> Another activity I am thinking of is to search the internet for 1. a
> DRP in
> place in an organisation. 2. A media article about a network crash and
> the
> consequences.
> And finally use some of the suggestions from the list to put the
> school¹s
> DRP in action  ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jock
> __________________________
> Jock Garnsworthy
> Pasco St.
> Williamstown High School
> (03)93971899

> NOTICE - This message is confidential, and may contain proprietary or
legally privileged information.  If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
> Under no circumstances does Chisholm Institute accept liability for
any loss or damage which may result from your receipt of this message or
any attachments.

> This message has been scanned for viruses and content using automated
filters.

- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
Teachers Association Inc

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

It's 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.
Spelling is not an art, it's a sceince.

Teachers Association Inc

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. You must not
disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the
intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies. The College
does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free. The attached
files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user
assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether
caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions
in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.