[Year 12 IT Apps] Moodle etc

Leanne Wright barbarloot at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 16:09:27 EST 2007

No doubt you will be astounded to learn that the panels which develop new study designs for VCE IT subjects do have members who are currently teaching the subjects in question in some cases for twenty years or more - fancy that. Leanne W

Kent Beveridge <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au> wrote:  Sorry Tim, but I disagree that making an outcome from this would be a good idea.
Just look at how big brother decided to include the VT component into an outcome and how IT teachers responded to that.
Add to that, the fact that not all schools use Moodle to the extent that others do. My school for example only moodled for the one outcome with 15 students. So no, I dont think it would be a good outcome..a perfect example here of a school based analogy to the digital divide.

Some people might agree and some people might not, but please folks this time, it is just an opinion(anyone heard of free speech in a democracy?) and surely I can disagree with someone without getting stoned again.

My thought, it'd be nice as a fellow colleague(s) on this list suggested, if the BOS/VCAA etc actually asked those who teach the subject or used a forum such as we are party to, to ask us.
For what its worth, I agree that the $M60 should be given to develop a moodle based product as at least it would save all the PD the ultranet is bound to needlessly create. I for one, havent got a clue what this 'ultranet' even is. Never heard of it before comments on this list appeared.

Ah well, back to being a monkey again I guess! Throw me another cashew please..I'm sick of peanuts!

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
Horsham
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au

Wishes and Eggs, one you make and one you break! A bit like promises.....

"This email and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies. The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free. The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not. The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."