[Year 12 IT Apps] OT: Computer rollover

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 9 15:31:28 EST 2007

Where are you from Cameron ? (NO signature ?  I SHOULD know of course).

I know a few prominent schools that have top internet access and network infrastructure that hope for freedom
and create "licence".
Their students had some of the most extensive music, video, game and image collections I have ever seen !

Two effects - costs are transparent as they are integrated into overall internet costs and there is no
effectiveness measure; also students spent a VERY substantial portion of their school life downloading,
showing off, exchanging, and avoiding detection.

I think that this is a severe and damaging by product of the unrestricted use of the technology - just as
pornography, cyber bullying etc ....

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: admin at cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
If you perm your hair twice in opposite directions, does it come out straight?  NOT a Steven Wright joke (a
look alike from Danny Chrastina)