[Year 12 IT Apps] YouTube down the tubes?

Russell Edwards edwards.russell.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 6 10:45:01 EST 2007

> We're banned from YouTube as well. Also, the techs have an
> extensive list of
> "not allowed" words which restricts any site that uses them. Quite
> restricted.

hehe, I'd love to go back to such a system. At our school students
are restricted to the Education Channel whitelist.

200,000 sites out of 100 million; 99.8% of the internet blocked. No
chance of meeting VELS or POLT. Students and staff strongly opposed.

Working on it, hopefully won't last much longer!!

Russell "Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six
o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel,
work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad
would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!"
Edwards
Whittlesea SC

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education.