[Year 12 IT Apps] OT: User friendly, easy to administrate CMS

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 23:31:04 EST 2007

Thanks Stephen, I will give Gallery2 a lookin for our Moodle system.

It is worth considering what is the real goal of groups that wish to publish
work online, to create a historical archive, make it available for
outsiders, reference or self promotion or all of the above. A couple of
years ago, I had some fun putting a history page together from the school
with my IT students. I wanted more than just a PDF archive. The idea at the
time was to make a kind of history bank with different themes that we could
keep adding into.
     http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au/history/

Afterwards, I wish we had more than just poor photocopies of images to work
with .. My advice might be to first drop good quality PDFs of all the
magazines online, then gradually work backwards to reorganise and tag
stories into articles or threads. Leave the formatting to a CSS tempate. By
the time you get that far, you should have a clearer picture about the
content management system to pour your content into (from your new
collection of ODT docs)

Regards Roland