[Year 12 IT Apps] Sample examination questions

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Apr 17 08:30:17 EST 2007

Thanks, Donna

Donna Benjamin wrote:
> Ok - I'll start - Multiple Choice questions...
> 1-c,
> 2-d,
> 3-a,

3 must be 'B' - must have at least one table to hold some data!

> 4-d,
> 5-c, (this might be particular to MSaccess - not sure if other databases
> have the memo field type?)

Yes: very Access-centric.  Filemaker uses a container field, and has no
memo field.

> 6 - is this windows specific? ever tried right clicking with a one
> button mac mouse? Am not sure if the hover option works on a mac...
> although the right click, select properties option _does_ work in
> ubuntu, the hover does not :)

Again, it's very product-specific.  I pity Mac users if this type of
question gets into the real exam :-O

> 7-c,
> 8-b,
> 9-no idea!! (I should probably look that up)

Is <D> - and yes, you'll need VLOOKUP!

> 10-d.

> I use MySQL alot, years ago I used filemaker pro - but I've never used
> MS access. I did a web database application unit as part of my comp
> studies grad dip - and for that we used oracle.
>
> Most stuff about databases is very standards oriented - unfortunately
> there's a few things in all of them that are specific to that particular
> dbase - is it useful to keep an eye out for these sorts of gotchas?
>
> cheers
> Donna
>
> On Mon, 2007-04-16 at 16:14 +1000, Bane, Janet A wrote:
>> How about it guys?
>

>> Christophersen, Paula P wrote:
>>> http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/studies/infotech/it-applications/exams.html

School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.