[Year 12 IT Apps] VITTA Term 2 PD calendar

jansona at bigpond.net.au jansona at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 10 21:59:19 EST 2007

Hi everyone, (and apologies for the cross posts)

VITTA has a large and exciting PD calendar for Term 2, and I wanted to take this opportunity to highlight some of the events!

VCE IT Study Design: Regional PD Roadshow

We have had a large number of requests for VITTA to run PD on the new IT study design in regional areas.  We will be travelling to 6 regional centres in the coming weeks - here are the dates!

Benalla - 27th April
Horsham - 27th April
Moe - 4th May
Warrnambool - 4th May
Mildura - 11th (as part of the Curriculum Sunraysia day)
Bendigo - 11th May

If you are interested in attending any of these events, please register your interest via the VITTA web site.  Please note that some of these events have a minimum attendance (to ensure that costs are met).  Each event will be a whole day event and will cover all units of the new IT study design.

VET IT Regional Day

VITTA will be holding a VET PD day in Bairnsdale on the 30th April.

Programming PD sessions

Kevork Krozian will be presenting sessions on php/mySql during the term.  The sessions will take place after-school over several weeks.  Dates and times will be available soon.

In addition to this, I will be presenting two sessions on VB.Net (one for beginners on the 2nd May and one for intermediate programmers on the 9th May).  Both sessions will take place after-school from 4.30pm - 7pm at Melbourne High School.

Other events in Term 2

We have other PD sessions during the term covering topics such as Moblogging, GameMaker, VELS and the Progression Points, Elluminate as well as a very special event featuring an International guest!

Details are now available via the VITTA web site at www.vitta.org.au

Hope you all had a safe and happy easter - see you at some of these events!

Cheers,
Adrian Janson
VITTA President
Director of ICT, Melbourne High School