[Year 12 Its] VB.NEt Pricing

Frank Merlino frankm at sjc.vic.edu.au
Sat Sep 9 18:43:39 EST 2006

Hello Colleagues,
We are in the budgeting phase for 2007. I am currently using vb.net express. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about pricing for priviate schools for vb.net whe I presume the express version is no longer free.

Currently, for our school to get vb.net we would have to purchase the full visual studio suite at just over $100 per license. has anyone delved into the MSDN Academic Alliance?

On another topic, how stable have people using vb,.net express found it on their student systems? In my class of 26 years 9/10 students, we find the product reasonably stable but some students get some strange system errors occasionally (strange I suppoose because of the cryptic way the application reports errors)...of course our system protection mechanisms would not have anything to do with that....would they...??

Regards,
	<mailto:is at edulists.com.au>

Frank Merlino
Technology Faculty Co-ordinator, Website manager
St. Joseph's College
Newtown, Geelong,
Victoria, Australia
Phone: 03 52268100