[Year 12 Its] Programming languages - IT 1&2 & Software 3&4

Frank Merlino frankm at sjc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 6 18:52:46 EST 2006

Tony,
>From the brief reading of the Gamemaker programming pdf file, it seems the langauge is java-like in many respects. I see no reason why it could not be considered other than the fact that there would not be a lot of documentation available for it compared with the other "mainstream" languages. Having said that, I am sure it is gathering quite a user-base, and this often leads to great resource materials being developed.

Allowing a language such as this may well be what sparks more interest in the new Software Development course. I suspect more and more school will be using Gamemaker to motivate and stimulate students to learn programming.

Recently Paula indicated that information about the approved programming languages would appear soon....

Regards,

Frank Merlino
Technology (IT and Systems) Co-ordinator
Web Site Manager
St. Joseph's College
135 Aphrasia St, Newtown
Geelong, Victoria, Australia, 3219