[Year 12 Its] Re: [Yr11 InformationTechnology]ProgrammingAwards2006: PD Regi

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 17:59:38 EST 2006

Behind you 100% Con Zymaris

I think it's ridiculous that schools are openly promoting a software brand
(Microsoft).  In my opinion all schools should have access to alternatives,
in particular Linux.

I also agree that VITTA & Microsoft should have allowed any language to be
entered into the programming competition.  The fact that they only offered
VB is a clear example of Microsoft's ulterior motives.

Get students hooked!

I know personally, that I have students that have entered the competition
that would rather program in C++ or JAVA than VB.NET.

>From some of the posts I have read here, it is clear that possibly some feel
very uncomfortable with the prospect of anything other that Microsoft.

Possibly a lack of exposure to anything else!!

and so the cycle goes on..........