[Year 12 Its] Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] ProgrammingAwards2006: PD Registrations

gavin at vitta.org.au gavin at vitta.org.au
Tue Jun 6 11:42:41 EST 2006

Hi Con,

VITTA is certainly keen to support programming competitions in other
languages - if you find us a company who is as willing to provide
financial, software, and other support as Microsoft have been for a
competition dealing with PHP, C, Python or Perl, then please let me know.

While certainly not the only language used in secondary schools, Visual
Basic is certainly a prominent one as it is easy to learn and can be
utilised in quite powerful ways.

As Adrian has said, I think we should all be supportive of any project
which attempts to foster an interest in ICT (and not only does that, but
rewards excelling students quite generously).

Regards,

Gavin Ballard
Project Officer
VITTA