[Year 12 Its] ICDL advice

Peter Steer psteer at hamiltoncollege.vic.edu.au
Thu Dec 14 09:39:37 EST 2006

Hi Kervork,
We use a commercial product by Electric Paper and do computer based testing
using a package by the same organization. These products cover all the units
of ICDL and Cert I in IT and has seven modules. We run a semester long IT
unit on ICDL for year 9's. Keeps them busy for the whole time. All computer
based no teaching required!
Costs vary depending on what you want. A CD-Rom version, based on Office
2003 cost about $60.00 each. Can get network versions and online versions.
Cost start at over $1000.00 per year but unlimited users. Testing engine is
in house and costs $250.00 per year plus $10.00 per test. We are also
accredited with ACS so can issue ICDL certifications.
Module one on hardware etc is hard work for students but rest of modules,
which are more hands on, they find OK.
All our staff are expected to do this course as part of their PD programme.
Works well for us and staff either love it or hate it depending on learning
styles. Students on whole find it OK but does require a certain level of
self motivation to keep going.
For further info contact me.
Cheers