[Year 12 Its] balanced approach

Shortell, Andrew a.shortell at macrob.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 29 11:36:05 EST 2005

Many members of the list have made sincere contributions, not just to
the debate about software.

Two years ago I lost two sessional lecturing positions at RMIT Business
because I was not prepared to invest the time to learn JAVA to the
extent that I could lecture in it to 3rd year programming students. We
had been using VB6.  Time, to a teacher, is precious.

Saturday's Daily Dilbert is very relevent to the software thread. I
would attach it to the list but it is copyright and, after all, we teach
about that too.

individuals can access the archives at this URL:
http://www.comics.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20050326.html

Basically the pointy haired boss asks Dilbert: What is this that I hear
about you hating the project?
Dilbert replies that he simply mentioned the pros and cons of the
project. He says that people are so conditioned to taking sides that a
balanced analysis looks to them like hatred.
The boss then says: How can you hate it so much?

You too can get a daily dilbert fro free
https://members.comics.com/members/registration/showDilbertLogin.do?aid=1

Andrew Shortell
Braemar College Woodend

(still using an old email address for the lists though!!)

Email me at mailto:a.shortell at braemar.vic.edu.au if you really wanted to
look at that particular strip because the terms of use premit me to
email it to individuals for free

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please inform the sender
immediately via reply email and destroy all copies of the original message
including any attachments.
The Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School does not warrant this message to be
free of errors, viruses, interceptions or interference. No responsibility
is taken for messages that do not arrive, arrive late or contain missing or
incomplete attachments.
Any views, policies or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
sender, and do not necessarily represent those of The Mac.Robertson Girls’
High School.