[Year 12 Its] Off Topic - Windows XP and Serv Pack 2 Incompatibility

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Jun 17 10:32:47 EST 2005

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:20:55AM +1000, Esko Lossi wrote:
> Hi Keith,
> We have been running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Office 2000 for the past 6 months
> and we haven't experienced any compatability problems. One thing you have to take into
> consideration is that Service pack 2 comes with a firewall turned on and you need to give
> your antivirus software access, otherwise the firewall will block them.

Esko,

It would be taken for granted that applications like MS Office are the
_most_ likely to work with SP2, as it's the most important application
Microsoft has on Windows. It would be the height of incompetence if
otherwise. ;-)

It's the thousands of other applications, such as anti-virus, Internet
apps and 3rd party firewalls which are at risk.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris, Convenor
Open Source Victoria
http://www.osv.org.au/