[Year 12 Its] PHP/MySQL learning environment

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Mon Dec 19 17:05:05 EST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 04:24:11PM +1030, Peter Ruwoldt (wrk) wrote:
> I have started a download Con and will give it a go. Thanks for this.
> I am hoping that each student will have access to PHPmyadmin to manage
> their MySQL database and hopefully will be able to save their work over
> the network to their filespace rather than use ftp to do this during the
> development stages of projects and learning. Is that reaslistic?
> Peter

I _think_ that PHPMyAdmin is on the current build. Will need to check with
the developers.

The issue with the SMB/CIFS integration is more complex, as it requires
integration with your school's file-share authentication system. This
makes it tricky to build into a standalone, 'instant-on' solution like
LiveLAMP. If that facility is really important, your best bet will be in
building up a box which you can run SAMBA on.

We're about to release 0.30, which has a fully-functional content
management system (Mambo) too. This makes it easy for you and the students
to add notes about what projects you're working on.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)