[Year 12 IPM] Data tables

Maggie Iaquinto IAQUIM at bialik.vic.edu.au
Fri Sep 29 08:14:53 EST 2006

To add to Charmaine's discussion -- data tables then are used to work out the number of bytes in each field which, added up, constitute a record. Then, we can calculate the number of records added per day (week, month) and work out storage needs for these records over a period of years.

The data table can then be used to plan which variables will be used in a program, depending on the programming language.

Maggie