[Year 12 IPM] wiki textbook, blogs and podcasts

Michael Torsello (Mr) michael at stmargarets.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 7 12:07:43 EST 2006

At a recent conference I was introduced to the idea of Wikis.
So impressed by it that I decided that my next research assignment would
result in a class wiki.

My Year 10 programming class was researching a old programming languages
(please don't start a thread of the educational merits of this) and they
pasted their research into a Wiki which only the class could access.
This shares the information instead of having oral presentations which
may take up 2 or 3 classes and generally bore the students.
Since then I have an Art teacher creating a Wiki for her students who
are researching various modern photographers. She has dumped the planned
PowerPoint presentations they were all to do and they will share their
research in the Wiki.
We are using http://www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers which is free
for educators and on-line so access can be from home as well.

My network administrator also liked the idea and is creating a technical
support wiki for staff and students that is accessible internally only.

With thanks
Michael Torsello
Director of Computing
St Margaret's School, Berwick