[Year 12 IPM] wiki textbook, blogs and podcasts

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Wed Sep 6 23:39:23 EST 2006

Great idea Joe!
I would be wary about making the wiki public though. Perhaps keep it
in-house because of the high risk of plagiarism. To prevent that, you or
another teacher would have to check the wiki frequently and edit out any
stolen/copied text. It's a beaut opportunity, though, to discuss the
legal and ethical issues topics.
I had two experiences of new technology in class. One of my students
uses his iPod as a backup HDD and another time my VET Business class
were discussing some issue that cropped up during work experience. We
didn't have an answer so one of the students whipped out his mobile
phone and rang his employer who solve the problem immediately.

Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs