[Year 12 IPM] Computer Lab usage

jturner ljturner at plc.vic.edu.au
Wed Sep 6 10:10:34 EST 2006

The big mistake people continue to make is seeing technology as the
catalyst for sustainable change in education when it should be people.
Technology is invaluable whatever its peculiarities but learner
centered means people at the center.
John

On 05/09/2006, at 3:41 PM, Mark Scott wrote:

> I have said it before and no doubt I will say it again.
>
> The biggest advantage in introducing student owned laptops into a
> school
> is that it can be used as a catalyst for change.
>
> You can start to talk about learner centred classrooms instead of
> teacher centred ones.
>
> ... and of course this is not the only strategy you try, just one of
> several.
>
> Mark Scott
> Luther College

Dr J Turner
Head of Information Technology / VCE Coordinator
Presbyterian Ladies' College
BURWOOD Victoria 3125

This email is intended for the use of the named individual or entity and
may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any dissemination,
distribution or copying by anyone other than the intended recipient of
this
email is strictly prohibited.  If this email has been received in error,
then please notify PLC immediately and destroy the original message.