[Year 12 IPM] Computer Lab usage

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 4 18:05:51 EST 2006

I allow the kids free access into 2 of our 4 labs before school,
playtime and lunchtime - a group of them love it, some come to work,
most come to play. When there is abuse of equipment, free use is
cancelled for the rest of the week to everyone, then it is open again.
Self-regulation happens almost automatically.
Primary students have closely supervised free-time access to another lab
- duty of care concerns (care of kids, not equipment).
Keith