[Year 12 IPM] OT: VELS ICT

Wayne Hewett staffwhe at rsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Oct 29 19:06:38 EST 2006

It is essential then that every aspect of student network use must be tied to a reference year... eg. students who started in year 7 this year must have their home folder in a user directory  labelled 2006. All network storage associated with their work must stored in this directory and never altered for their entire school life. Compulsory folders can be established by the  admin when creating each student's  home drive/folder.

Has anyone come across a cheap commercial package that will allow students the flexibility to add content to their folio at school or at home and take pressure off the school to maintain backups etc.?

Perhaps this discussion should move to the OT list.

Wayne Hewett

>>> bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au  >>>
I reckon the year to year bit you mention is very important. Instead of
kids tossing out their books at the end of the year as some are want to
do, it enables a real sense of progression if they are storing their
work digitally. The ease with which they can access the previous years
work can allow a real sense of building on previous knowledge too. The
ideal situation would be if all their work was recorded, but at the
moment I think the "best of" concept is all I can reasonably aim for.