[Year 12 IPM] OT: Green Screening with computers

Keith Richardson keithcr at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 27 16:44:56 EST 2006

We do this all the time (the kids love it) and any colour (even white)
works fine.
What needs to be understood is that the colour of your backscreen is
removed across the whole of all of the film frames, so if their shirt is
the same colour they will be stripped of clothing! Advice - try to light
the background evenly without shadows.
Sony Vegas has beautiful adjustments (three variables on sliders) and a
colour sampler (eyedropper) that enable you to do virtual magic back on
the computer.
Regards, Keith