[Year 12 IPM] OT: Dealt with DELL anyone?

Anton Yoxon yox at sosc.vic.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 13:56:07 EST 2006

Hi TJ I have dealt with Dell and bought two computer rooms full of PC's.
They were good but extremely slow to deal with.  If you have to warranty or
follow up expect to wait a very long time on the phone and then expect to
wait a long time for the repairs to happen.  In sales they were good but
after sales wow.  Last year I changed to a different supplier for those
reasons.  Be very specific and look at the cases before purchase as students
rip off the Dell badges and can open the tops of the PCs to remove parts if
they have the chance.

cheers

Anton Yoxon
Learning Technologies Manager
South Oakleigh College

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:40:44 +1000, tony wrote